Tragedy Strikes: Deadly Prasadam Incident Shocks Bengaluru

2 min read

A senior citizen has passed away and over 130 people were hospitalized after reportedly consuming prasadam distributed by a temple in Bengaluru Rural district recently. The deceased was identified as Siddagangamma, a resident of Kaveri Nagar.

According to a police officer, devotees visiting the Anjaneya temple on the occasion of Vaikunta Ekadashi Saturday were given laddoos. Siddagangamma’s husband had also visited the temple and brought home the laddoos, which were later eaten by other family members. On Sunday, both his wife and daughter complained of vomiting and dysentery. They were shifted to Silicon City Hospital, where Siddagangamma died during treatment.

As time passed, more and more devotees who had visited the temple started complaining of discomfort and were admitted to various hospitals in Bengaluru city.

A senior police officer said that many who consumed the prasadam have been admitted but they are also looking into other angles as a few who did not consume the prasadam also fell ill.

The police said the laddoos given to the devotees were one day old but it could not be ascertained whether it was the source of food poisoning. A health official said they are also checking if contaminated water led to the mass food poisoning.

Hoskote MLA Sharath Bache Gowda visited the temple on Monday and later spoke to family members of the patients and the deceased.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours